The List: 5 places you can rsvp
You have been invited to lots of events you don’t know about, so this list is to let you know about some of them. Accept some of these invitations and you may find new friends and discover new interests. Do you know of others? Please share them.
- Open Mic Night at Tomales Town Hall on Hwy. 1 the third Sunday of each month at 7 p.m. (musicians sign up at 6:45 p.m.). Hear new musical groups, join with the happy Tomales folks and feel free to bring snacks and libations that you may find yourself sharing with others that join you at your table.
- Lunch with the seniors at Sebastopol Senior Center at 267 N High St. Monday through Friday – and you don’t have to be a senior to eat in good company. Just call the center the day before at 829-2440 to let them know you are coming, and lunch is just $4.
- Take a walk with your neighbors with Sebastopol Walks. The walks range from a leisurely stroll through town learning about trees or around Ragle Park to vigorous seven mile hikes such as the Grand Walkabout planned for Feb. 23. City leaders lead the walks and it’s a chance to get some exercise while you chat and meet new people. Just go to sebastopolwalks.org to get details.
- Meet an author at the free book launches at Occidental Center for the Arts each month on Friday nights. You will hear a reading, sometimes music and art thrown in, and you get to ask the author questions. There’s refreshments served, and wine and beer are for sale. Just go to occidentalcenterforthearts.com to get details.
- Sebastopol Chamber of Commerce holds Business After Five mixers each month on the last Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in various venues. This month it’s at the West Sonoma County Museum and you don’t have to be a member to meet the active business people in town, just rsvp at the website and show up. Just Google Sebastopol Area Chamber of Commerce and go to the calendar.