Steam Saw Mill Holding Open House
The historic Sturgeon Mill, a steam powered saw mill that has been lovingly restored will open the gates June 18 and 19 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The mill was built in 1880 and moved from Guerneville to Coleman Valley and then to its present site on Green Hill Road between Occidental and Sebastopol. A group of 44 volunteers has worked to restore it and the gardens on the same property. There will be barbecue provided by BBQ Smokehouse Catering, and music. The entrance is free but donations are accepted. The mill holds four open house demonstrations weekends a year.